It’s the final edition of the Katz Korner, NFL Mock Draft. If you have been reading so far, you’re well aware of the players I like and I don’t like, and the good and bad qualities of the players, so there won’t be as much analysis on the players in this one. In this mock, I will give three rounds as well as list possible teams that you could see trade up or trade down in the first round from their draft position. For clarification, anything over 60 percent is a team I expect to trade. Some players have moved up or down based on some of the rumblings I’ve heard about what teams might do. Hopefully I get a few of these right.
1) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (QB, ILB, OL)- Andrew Luck, QB Stanford
TRADE: No way.
2) WASHINGTON REDSKINS VIA ST. LOUIS RAMS (QB, RB, OL)- Robert Griffin III, QB Baylor
TRADE: Already happened
3) MINNESOTA VIKINGS (OL, LB, CB)- Mo Claiborne, CB LSU
TRADE: Forty percent chance. First on our list of possible trades are the Vikings. The Vikings could very well deal this pick to move farther back in the first round and try to get more draft picks for a team that isn’t necessarily rebuilding, but does need more pieces than most.
4) CLEVELAND BROWNS (RB, WR, OL)- Trent Richardson, RB Alabama
TRADE: Twenty percent chance. It’s possible the Browns move down, but with two first round picks already I highly doubt it.
5) TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS (CB, OLB, OT)- Matt Kalil, OT USC
TRADE: Ten percent chance. The Bucs appear to be sold on Claiborne, Keuchly, or Kalil so I strongly doubt the Bucs trade down, but you never know.
6) ST LOUIS RAMS VIA WASHINGTON REDSKINS (WR, OLB, S)- Justin Blackmon, WR Oklahoma St.
TRADE: No chance.
7) JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS (OL, WR, OLB)- Riley Reiff, OT Iowa
TRADE: Sixty-five percent chance. The Jags desperately need more pieces to their puzzle and trading for more draft picks is always a great way to do so. Possible teams that you could see move here are the Jets, Eagles and Chargers.
8 MIAMI DOLPHINS (QB, WR, DL)- Ryan Tannehill, QB Texas A&M
TRADE: Thirty percent chance. The Dolphins could land Tannehill later in the draft so you could see them move down. The Dolphins could also move up to the Vikings and draft Richardson, Kalil or Blackmon, although I find that scenario unlikely.
9) CAROLINA PANTHERS (DL, CB, OLB)- Melvin Ingram, DE South Carolina
TRADE: Thirty percent chance. There have been some rumblings that the Panthers could move down, but they are set up here to take a ton of defensive needs at this spot so I highly doubt it.
10) BUFFALO BILLS (WR, OLB, CB)- Mark Barron, S Alabama
TRADE: Thirty percent chance. The only way the Bills trade here is to jump the Rams for Blackmon and that will probably be tough. There’s a small chance they move down, but that is highly unlikely.
11) KANSAS CITY CHIEFS (OL, DT, ILB)- Luke Keuchly, ILB Boston College
TRADE: No chance. The Chiefs are in prime position to address needs.
12) SEATTLE SEAHAWKS (DL, ILB, OLB)- Dontari Poe, DT Memphis
TRADE: No chance. Unless Seattle gets wowed by an offer, they are also in a great position to draft defense here.
13) ARIZONA CARDINALS (OT, OG, OLB)- David DeCastro, G Stanford
TRADE: Ten percent chance. Again, as is the theme of the draft so far, possible but I doubt it. The Cardinals will have options here, whether it be DeCastro or Upshaw or someone on the defensive line.
14) DALLAS COWBOYS (CB, S, OT)- Stephon Gilmore, CB South Carolina
TRADE: Forty percent chance and it will only be to move up. There’s no way the Cowboys move down unless they make a blunder.
15) PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (DT, ILB, OT)- Fletcher Cox, DT Mississippi St
TRADE: Seventy-five percent chance. This is the first team I truly think does not stay where they are. They have been rumored to trying to trade up and go after Keuchly or Poe.
There’s also so much defensive tackle depth that a team looking to nab a top flight cornerback (Detroit, I see you) could wow them with an offer. The pick is Cox if they don’t move, but look for Andy Reid and company to be aggressive on draft day.
16) NEW YORK JETS (S, DE, WR)- Michael Floyd, WR Norte Dame
TRADE: Seventy percent chance. There’s no secret here, the Jets have three names on their radar, Keuchly, Barron and Ingram. They have also been rumored to trying to get Trent Richardson, but that seems super unlikely.
If the Jets miraculously stay at the 16th pick, they will go with Floyd or Barron if he’s still here, but mark my words, the Jets will move up or down with one of their first two picks.
17) CINCINATTI BENGALS VIA OAKLAND RAIDERS (CB, WR, RB)- Stephen Hill, WR Georgia Tech
TRADE: Forty percent chance. The Bengals could package their two picks so a trade with a team in their position is always likely, I’m just not sure if come draft day it will be necessary.
18) SAN DIEGO CHARGERS (DE, OT, NT)- Michael Brockers, DT LSU
TRADE: Fifty-five percent chance. Here’s the best way I can describe this. It’s Norv Turner and A.J Smith, the Chargers could do anything.
19) CHICAGO BEARS (WR, DE, OT)- Cordy Glenn, OT/OG Georgia
TRADE: Five percent chance. Essentially there’s no chance. I don’t see based on team needs who would want this pick and I don’t see the Bears giving the farm to go after Blackmon, Wright or Floyd after they just got Brandon Marshall.
20) TENNESSEE TITANS (OT, CB, OLB)- Dre’ Kirkpatrick, CB Alabama
TRADE: No chance. The Titans will have cornerbacks and offensive lineman galore at this pick. Unless they see an opportunity to move up, there staying right here.
21) CINCINATTI BENGALS (OLB, RB, DE)- Courtney Upshaw, OLB Alabama
TRADE: Forty percent chance. Same deal as the 17th pick.
22) CLEVELAND BROWNS VIA ATLANTA FLACONS (WR, OL, DE)- Jonathan Martin, OT Stanford
TRADE: Eighty percent chance. The Browns need the world and trading the 22nd pick to move backward and get more picks is highly likely. I highly doubt the Browns stay here.
23) DETROIT LIONS (CB, S, OL)- Janoris Jenkins, CB Northern Alabama
TRADE: Thirty percent chance. The Lions would only move up because of the depth at defensive back, which they are in desperate need of.
24) PITTSBURGH STEELERS (OT, LB, CB)- Quentin Coples, DE UNC
TRADE: Ten percent chance. One word, doubtful.
25) DENVER BRONCOS (DT, CB, OT)- Kendall Reyes, DT Connecticut
TRADE: Forty-five percent chance. It’s possible because Denver could load up on some picks later in the draft. However, because of the options I doubt it.
26) HOUSTON TEXANS (OLB, WR, OL)- Kendall Wright, WR Baylor
TRADE: No way.
27) NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS VIA NEW ORLEANS SAINTS (DEFENSE)- Andre Branch, DE Clemson
TRADE: I’m not even bothering putting a chance on this one. It’s Belichick, your guess is as good as mine.
28) GREEN BAY PACKERS (OT, DT, DE)- Nick Perry, DE USC
TRADE: Ten percent chance. Very, Very doubtful.
29) BALTIMORE RAVENS (S, OG, ILB)- Harrison Smith, S Notre Dame
TRADE: Thirty percent chance. I wouldn’t bet on it, but it is possible that the Ravens try to get a few top picks in this draft because their defense is aging and their offensive line is old.
30) SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS (OG, S, DE)- Whitney Mercilus, DE Illinois
TRADE: Sixty percent chance. If Harrison Smith is indeed gone, this pick is traded to move down and take Brandon Taylor because safety is number one priority on the Niners wish list.
The Niners could also move up and go after Barron if he were to fall.
31) NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (DEFENSE)- Don’t’a Hightower, ILB Alabama
TRADE: Once again, your guess is as good as mine.
I will say this. It’s more likely that the Pats try and trade this pick to once again stock pile picks for the future as they always do. However, if Hightower is here, this pick isn’t moving.
32) NEW YORK GIANTS (TE, ILB, OT)- Coby Fleener, TE Stanford
TRADE: No chance. The Giants can get any tight end they want here.
33) ST LOUIS RAMS- Peter Konz, C Wisconsin
34) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS- Chandler Jones, DE Syracuse
35) MINNESOTA VIKINGS- Alshon Jeffery, WR South Carolina
36) TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS- Lavonte David, OLB Nebraska
37) CLEVELAND BROWNS- Brandon Weeden, QB Oklahoma St.
38) JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS- Reuben Randle, WR LSU
39) ST. LOUIS RAMS via WASHINGTON REDSKINS- Jerel Worthy, DT Michigan St
40) CAROLINA PANTHERS- Zach Brown, OLB North Carolina
41) BUFFALO BILLS- Michael Adams, OT Ohio St
42) MIAMI DOLPHINS- Amini Silatolu, OG Midwestern St
43) SEATTLE SEAHAWKS- Mychal Kendricks, ILB California
44) KANSAS CITY CHIEFS- Brock Osweiler, QB Arizona St
45) DALLAS COWBOYS- Alamenda Ta’amu, NT Washington
46) PHILADELPHIA EAGLES- Shea McClellin, OLB Boise St
47) NEW YORK JETS- Brandon Taylor, S LSU
48) NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS via OAKLAND RAIDERS- Zebrie Sanders, OT Florida St
49) SAN DIEGO CHARGERS- Kevin Zeitler, OG Wisconsin
50) CHICAGO BEARS- Dwayne Allen, TE Clemson
51) PHILADELPHIA EAGLES via ARIZONA CARDINALS- Mitchell Schwartz, OT California
52) TENNESSEE TITANS- Jeff Allen, OG Clemson
53) CINCINATTI BENGALS- Lamar Miller, RB Miami Florida
54) DETROIT LIONS- Brandon Brooks, OG Miami OH
55) ATLANTA FALCONS- Devon Still, DT Penn St
56) PITTSBURGH STEELERS- Ronnell Lewis, OLB Oklahoma
57) DENVER BRONCOS- LaMichael James, RB Oregon
58) HOUSTON TEXANS- Josh Robinson, CB USF
59) GREEN BAY PACKERS- Doug Martin, RB Boise St
60) BALTIMORE RAVENS- Kelechi Osemele, OG Iowa St
61) SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS-Joe Looney, OG Wake Forest
62) NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS- Isaiah Pead, RB Cincinnati
63) NEW YORK GIANTS- David Wilson, RB Virginia Tech
64) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS- Brian Quick, WR Appalachian St
65) ST LOUIS RAMS- Dwight Bentley, CB Louisiana-Lafayette
66) MINNESOTA VIKINGS- Brandon Boykin, CB Georgia
67) CLEVELAND BROWNS- AJ Jenkins, WR Illinois
68) TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS- Brandon Thompson, DT Clemson
69) WASHINGTON REDSKINS- Derek Wolfe, DT Cincinnati
70) JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS- Kirk Cousins, QB Michigan St
71) BUFFALO BILLS- Nick Foles, QB Arizona
72) MIAMI DOLPHINS- Nick Toon, WR Wisconsin
73) MIAMI DOLPHINS via CAROLINA through CHICAGO- Trumaine Johnson, CB Montana
74) KANSAS CITY CHIEFS-Bruce Irvin, OLB West Virginia
75) SEATTLE SEAHAWKS- James Brown, OG Troy
76) HOUSTON TEXANS via PHILADELPHIA EAGLES- Alfonzo Dennard, CB Nebraska
77) NEW YORK JETS- Jared Crick, DE Nebraska
78) SAN DIEGO CHARGERS- Marvin McNutt, WR Iowa
79) CHICAGO BEARS- Tony Bergstrom OG Utah
80) ARIZONA CARDINALS- Ben Jones, C Georgia
81) DALLAS COWBOYS- Chase Minnifield, CB Virginia
82) TENNESSEE TITANS- Donald Stephenson, OT Oklahoma
83) CINCINNATI BENGALS- Ryan Broyles, WR Oklahoma
84) ATLANTA FALCONS- Markelle Martin, S Oklahoma St
85) DETROIT LIONS- Vinny Curry, DE Marshall
86) PITTSBURGH STEELERS- Tyrone Crawford, DE Boise St
87) DENVER BRONCOS- Orson Charles, TE Georgia
88) PHILADELPHIA EAGLES via HOUSTON TEXANS-Antonio Allen, S South Carolina
89) NEW ORLEANS SAINTS- Mike Martin, DT Michigan
90) GREEN BAY PACKERS- Billy Winn, DT Boise St
91) BALTIMORE RAVENS- Bobby Wagner, ILB Utah St
92) SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS- Josh Norman, CB Costal Carolina
93) NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS- Keshawn Martin, WR Michigan St
94) NEW YORK GIANTS- Mohamed Sanu, WR Rutgers
95) OAKLAND RAIDERS (compensatory)- Trevor Guyton, DE California